Thursday, May 22, 2008

Up a pawn and drawn Shredder

As White against Deep Shredder I blundered my Queen's Knight for a pawn early in the game but then, always up a pawn, I managed to keep the game even throughout a queen endgame and queen swap to a rook endgame with my 3 against his 2 pawns. Only at the very end Deep Shredder snatched my last pawn, and all material was traded down to the naked kings. Playing more than forty moves against the silicon monster with the reserve of only one pawn and not losing, this may be called a success.

diagram
White to move.

In this position, I had forced the swap of the dark-squared bishops on a3. In odds games, trading pieces is a general strategy, but it should be done very carefully. In most cases it is better first to complete development and block counterplay.

The move h3 looks very natural in this position. Do you see what happens after the trade on f3? Comments are welcome.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Chessbumbus said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog here! I like visiting it!
I offering you a link exchange - if you accepting it.

My blog:

http://www.chessgambiter.blogspot.com/
Welcome to visit! - Please leave a message if you are OK with the link exchange!

Sandor
Mail: chessbumbus@gmail.com

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger chessyman said...

Hello friend you have a very nice blog here…well done…check our too: http://homeofchess.blogspot.com
I am sure you gonna love it.I humbly request you place a link of our blog in your blogroll.Your blog is already in our blogroll.Now why you should link to us?Just go through our blog you will know coz we provide quality content & have a good reader base.You may also like take a look at this post : http://homeofchess.blogspot.com/2008/12/write-for-chess-blog.html
I really look forward to have a good relationship with you.Have a good day & keep up the good work.You can reach me at thechessyman@gmail.com
Waiting for a prompt reply from your side.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Admin said...

nice job, man

 

Post a Comment

<< Home