Thursday, January 11, 2007

Punished For Not Looking Twice

«If you see a good move, look for a better one.»



After 1020 problems solved without blunder I got this one. Oh, wow, double check, I said to myself, there is nothing stronger than a double check. I saw Ne4++ and moved it. OOOOPS. Too late.

Anyway, this tells me one important thing. The problem is not knowing a rule or guideline. The problem is applying it. This is what my CTS training is about. And I learn every day that this is VERY HARD.

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger wormstar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger wormstar said...

1020 problems correct in a row? that's insane! :D

you guys have been doing the 'slow thing' for quite a while now. has it had any effect on your playing strength?

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Mousetrapper said...

Well, my rating trend is upwards at the moment :)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger transformation said...

look twice is one smart dude, i notice. i always figured it was you, and now i know.

tomorrow, i suprass chessDog, and so settle and old score with actions not words!

my best is 223 problems, i think, at 1375 level. at 1330 here, i run 98%, but more like 99% on day, and 97% another....

glad to be back jim. pls let me know how you are, and id really appreciate any note from you.

happy new year, david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home