Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Easy Way of Improving

Not so long ago, after a drop, my rating has been around 1620. Now, not even a year later, it is 1820. How did I manage? Hard training at Chess Tactics Server? New thought process? Better positional feeling or endgames?

Nope. Much easier: I got a FIDE rating!

It reflects the fact that I use to play better against stronger opponents, which also have a FIDE rating. It also reflects the fact that I sometimes have blundered against weaker opponents, and I paid for that with national rating points.

Anyway, my national goal always has been 1800 points, and it is nice to have reached it on international level. Well, I like the idea that this is my «real» rating and that the lag of national points will gradually disappear. Time will tell.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Montse said...

Now that's quite an astonoishing improvement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home