Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Biggest Swindle Ever

In my fifth round I started with a terrible blunder in the opening. I cannot be proud of this game even though I won at last. It is only because my opponent helped. First he let me come back into the game, and then it was his turn to blunder a piece.

The game is quite wild and entertaining, presenting this nice list of tactical motifs, in order of appearance:
  • Gambit of center pawn
  • Bishop sac on f7 (a big blunder)
  • Center pawn sac
  • Rook fork
  • Relative pin of Knight on rank
  • Absolute pin of Knight on file
  • Absolute pin of Knight on diagonal
  • Relative pin of pawn on file
  • Absolute pin of Bishop on rank (only in a sideline)
  • Relative pin of Knight on diagonal
  • Discovered check winning the Exchange
  • Removal of the Guard (guard swap, only in a sideline)


Lesson to be learned: Once again opening tactics, use more time and count the pieces! And a second one: Never give up as long as you have counterplay! You even may win!

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I belief that that's what DLM meant by "get rid of the big squigly lines first":) Nice comeback

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger takchess said...

Now that was fun 8). I am finding myself having to triple check my bishop sacs due to simalar miscalculations. To start a king march from my standpoint is almost always worth a minor piece for a pawn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home