Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Chess Champions Day

Today I'll be in Zurich: Garry Kasparov, Anatoli Karpov, Judit Polgar and Victor Korchnoi will play a rapid tournament and a simul at 4x20 boards, sponsored by Credit Suisse. Four legends in one place, just one hour from my home, so I must be there!

I had participated in a contest to win one of the simul seats. There were one tactical problem from a Polgar game and three questions of chess history. The tactics was no problem, but I was too bad in history, and I had no luck in the drawing from the false answers. Nevertheless, I'll try to see if one of the winners doesn't show up so that I might take his seat.

Anyway, the rapid contest will be very interesting. All games will be transmitted to a room where a grandmaster will give his live analysis. Of course I expect Garry to win, and I hope that old Vic will not take the last place. I admire the Polgar sisters, so I hope Judit will end as second.

All games will be broadcast in the internet.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home