Thursday, September 15, 2005

Try again unrated!

Users of CTS as a training tool must overcome a big shortcoming: If they, say, fail to solve every 5th problem, then time and again false patterns are engraved in the brain synapses. Just have a look at the history of a problem, then you find that the same tacticians failed again and again over the same problems. (I also did, more than once, even 3 times!).

So, today, I give myself a new rule. Whenever I lose points on a problem, I do it once more unrated. If I fail to solve a problem, I do it again twice. If I fail to solve a problem lower than my rating, I do it again three times.

Hope it will help. Time will tell.

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I considered such selfpunishment too:)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Mousetrapper said...

It is not punishment. It is training!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home