Friday, August 19, 2005

Beware of weak opponents ...

... and CTS problems! They may be weak, but sometimes they uncork ugly and strong moves. You never can be sure. One moment of neglect, and you are lost. I encountered this so often in games, and now exactly the same way on CTS.

My goals on CTS vary from time to time. First I struggled for rating, but more and more I felt sick from all these simple blunders I made. Then I changed my identity to Slowmouse and tried to get the highest success rate of all tacticians. I achieved this goal, but only with a very low rating. My next goal was to push up my rating without losing more than one percent success rate. I gained roughly 100 rating points, but then success rate began to drop.

A second goal was to collect nice trophies: I got 3 of 2000+ and 7 of 1900+ so far.

What bothers me most at the moment is the still high nightmare rate: In my first round of 100 failures there are no less than 40 rated below 1500 (average 1576), in my second round still 36 below 1500 (average 1569). So for my third round I set a new goal: as few failures as possible in the 1500- range. My actual trend is towards 30 below 1500 (average 1627), that is equivalent to one blunder every 60 problems. This would mean one gross blunder every second game.

As my own trainer I just say: Too much, Mousetrapper! Go to work on CTS again!

4 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Nezha said...

Now this is what I call CTS-obssessed.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Can you keep your feet dry? There seem s to come quite some rain down where you live.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Mousetrapper said...

Yes, I am dry and ok. And the waters will inevitably flood down to where you live.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I reside allready 6 meters below sealevel, so some extra water should cause no problems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home