Saturday, June 18, 2005

Queen Vision

I just cannot do a Queen Scan in one step. Can anybody do this? I need 3 steps: First a short-range scan within a Knight's reach: All squares except the 8 of the Knight Circle. This needs sort of an inverse scan, which I find extremely difficult. Maybe this will improve with my X-Ray Training. What I can spot quite fast is the Queen Diamond, that is the short range 5x5 square without the 4 corners. Second a Rook Scan, third a Bishop Scan. My idea is to do these scans faster and faster until they merge to one single Queen Scan.

Board Vision Day 3: Anand games
797 full moves, 3.84 sec/ply (simple x-ray)

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger generalkaia said...

could you clarify the queen diamond with all of the directions and corners and stuff? I got sort of confused and lost in your descriptions.

Thanks
GK

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Mousetrapper said...

Queen on d4. Queen Diamond = b4, c3-5, d2-6, e3-5, f4.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home