Thursday, June 16, 2005

Board Vision Training started

My checklist is quite long, so I must be able to speed up with every point. Board Vision is most important in steps 1 and 5. I have 100 days left to my next big tournament. The coming 50 days are scheduled for Board Vision Training.

I select games of a player (change each day) from my 800k megabase. I size the diagram to full screen to get near OTB sight. I play the games. Simple Board Vision: After every piece move, have pop out the squares controlled by the piece that has just moved, be they occupied or empty (x-ray vision). After every pawn move, have pop out the strong and weak squares of the pawn and the lines and diagonals opened by the pawn move. Advanced Board Vision: Have pop out not only the pattern of the moved piece, but also adjacent patterns of other pieces and pawns.
  • Pawns: Strong Fork (2 squares) and Weak Triangle (3 squares)
  • Knights: Knight Circle (8 squares)
  • Bishops: Diagonal X or V or /
  • Rooks: Orthogonal + or T or L
  • Queens: Queen Diamond (12 squares) plus X(V,/) plus +(T,L)
  • Kings: Royal Zone (8 squares)

I begin with 5 seconds/ply simple Board Vision, and my goal is 1 second/ply advanced Board Vision. Duration of a training session 1 to 2 hours.

Board Vision Day 1: Kasparov games
380 full moves, 4.89 sec/ply (simple x-ray)

2 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

You may be right. Maybe simple X-ray vision is enough. I had more complex patterns in mind. I'm going to try this it myself!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger JavaManIssa said...

Sounds interesting, i'm willing to try. But i'm not sure what you mean by the advanced board vision. Could you explain a little further?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home