Thursday, April 14, 2005

Proudly aboard!

Today Don mailed it to me, so, officially, I am a Knight Errant de La Maza now. Happy to be aboard with you all out there! I'll soon complete my link list to you members. Am I right, Don, that your list is ordered by age of membership? If so, I would like to keep this.

Thanks for the warm welcome greetings I already got and for the ones yet to come.

Just in brief my program status: I am using a selected subset of rather simple problems, because speeding up every circle is part of the program, and how could yo speed up to 30 sec/problem with difficult ones? I use a series of 640 out of the famous 1001 collection, and another 640 I typed as FEN tags into my computer from various books, the most important being Neistadt, Shakhmatny Praktikum (Russian, translated to German).

January 19 I started the first circle (3 min/problem), today I do problems 200 to 240 of the 2nd series of 2nd circle with a speed of 1:30 min per problem. I do not keep record of success rates, but if I do not find the solution immediately, I let the computer show me, and I use some extra time to visualize it.

7 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Nezha said...

hello, glad to have you with us. one question, have you been playing chess long? I mean are you like me who have studied positional concepts for two years before entering the DLM program, or is this your first attempt on somekind of "systematic" chess study program?

just curious

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Don Q. said...

You are correct. It probably should be ordered according to how far along people are in the program, but that is a little hard to gauge (nobody does it the same) and would also take work.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger DG said...

Welcome Mouse. Hope you see success through your efforts. As "House Reporter" for the Knights I have responsibilities for posting welcomes and "naming" suggestions (among other activities). You can find your initial welcome post here.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Mousetrapper said...

To Nezha: for years, with some years of break in between, but for the first time in a systematic way. To Don: I rather mean when each one entered the Guild.
To DG: oh I learn that I am going to be named by The Knights?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

You can find the nicknames here http://temposchlucker.blogspot.com/2005/02/nicknames-of-knights.html

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Pawn Sensei said...

Welcome aboard! FWIW I have Don's original list (even with the inactive knights except for the Orange Knight). I usually add names after Don or DG has done so as well.

PS

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

Welcome aboard Mousetrapper. Look forward to hearing about your progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home