Thursday, April 21, 2005

It does help, Knights!

Why do we all these circles of Inferno, of Terror, of Death? Aren't they Circles of Lost Hope? I had asked this to myself more than once, but then, some weeks ago, I learned that it DOES pay! I was White and my opp just had attacked my Queen. But then the winning move had jumped to me, and 4 moves later the game was over.

3r1r1k/pB4pp/1n6/8/8/1P3Q2/Pq3PPP/2R1R1K1 w - -

You got it, Knights?

Many of you seem to use CT-ART, so listen to what Dan Heisman has to say about it at Chesscafe: Too many queen sacrifices. And better do many repetitions of low level exercises only, but for higher levels, do not repeat but look for more different ones.

Day 121, 3 left in circle 2, 40 problems, 50% success rate, 71 minutes.

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Mousetrapper said...

Please post comments, not the solution. Thanks.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Nezha said...

If the book Im using is the same as CTART, I think its okay for my level. I've worked thru about 400 easy problems 3x before. And after some time, mate in 1 or gain in 1 problems becomes too basic. I am finding that I need some "heavy" stuff to keep me focused. But - I admit some of the problems are too heavy, so I won't attemp repeating solving them again.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger fussylizard said...

I don't recall there being lots of queen sacrifices, but anything I saw a piece sacrifice leading to a discovered double-check, I knew that was the move...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home