Monday, April 18, 2005

Don't call me a Pawn!

Yesterday I missed more than one queening combination. I looked at one of these pawns on 7th rank, and it told me: «Don't call me a Pawn». I found no words, swallowed. It continued: «Call me a Queen-That-Has-Not-Yet-Moved». Then one on his 6th rank asked me: «And what are you going to call me?» I had learned quickly, so I said: «A Queen-in-Two, right?» «Wrong», it replied. «Look at the geometry.» «Oh, sorry, Knight-in-Two, now I see, force his King to a6 and then fork his Queen.» Oops, much remains to be learned.

Program status: 118 days, 6 days remaining in circle 2
Speed: 40 problems per hour.
Rating status: 5 games, +28 points = 0.24 points/day

This looks more like 400 points in 5 years ...

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger King of the Spill said...

I know what you mean about the pawn threatening to promote on the seventh. I have heard it referred to referred to as becoming a "monster".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home